Friday, January 25, 2013

Edges #1

OK, so here's my first try to do toon edges. It looks very badly, but it's the simples method I've found. Check out this:
http://rbwhitaker.wikidot.com/toon-shader

Oh It looks so nice on that turtle... Unfortunately only there. The mesh must be smooth to accomplish a good effect, other way the neighbouring normals will be orthogonal to each other and edges get gaps between them. Also, the line won't "stick" to an object, it can "float" a few units next to it. See it here:


Screen looks very untidy. This isn't a look I want to have ;)
So today I'll have more time to try the-way-better method; render normals and depth to texture, do a edge detection and mix it with a regular render. Simple post-processing but in fact, (another time) my first one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment